Science,Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, Math
Academic Boot Camp
Class III "THE ONE"- 2014
2014 STEAM ABC Students
Looking for a head start in college?
We are excited to see you on campus this fall as you start your academic career with the College of Agriculture. To help you get the most out of your first year at Purdue University, you are invited to participate in a special five-week program this summer to make the transition from high school to college as smooth as possible.
You’ve been told that college will provide different academic challenges than high school did, even for those students who have performed well. The Academic Boot Camp (ABC) has been designed to assist you successfully navigate these differences.
When you attend, you will:
· Be introduced to college-level coursework and the necessary self-discipline to complete it
· Be provided academic tools to succeed in the colleges of Agriculture, Technology, Science, and Engineering
· Become acclimated to campus
· Establish a beneficial network of students and professors
OPENS MAR 31, 2015
2015 Class IV Apply Here!
July 5 - August 7, 2015
- Register ONLINE. If you are admitted to the program you will be contacted by the OMP office in the College of Agriculture and directed to Purdue conferences for payment.
- Registration to the program is limited.
- Final Deadline is June 5th, 2015
Participants may check in on Sunday, July 5, 2015 between 1:30 and 3pm in Earhart Residence Hall lobby.
Please allow ample travel time as the program will begin promptly at 3pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Thanks to the college of agriculture donors, alumni, and USDA grant, there is a minimal cost for the ABC program.
- If you register by May 30th with a College of Agriculture concentration, cost is $600
- If you register after May 31th with a College of Agriculture concentration, cost is $1000
- In addition, you may need to purchase textbooks and supplies for class.
Students with a strong desire to attend the program, but who lack financial means, should contact Myron McClure, Assistant Director of the Office of Multiculture Programs in Agriculture, at (765) 494-8471 or email: email@example.com. Additional Scholarships may be available.
During your five week attendance in the program, you will take classes in the subjects of (but not limited to):
In addition, since college isn’t all work, you will engage in various recreational opportunities throughout the program.
- Time management
- Agriculture courses and labs
- Water Park
- Ropes Course
- Day in Chicago and Indianapolis
- Cultural Center Activities
History of ABC program at Purdue University - HISTORY
For more information on this program, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact the Office of Multicultural Program at 765-494-9586