STEM - Academic Boot Camp
2016 Academic Boot Camp Flyer
Class IV "BIG THREE"- 2015
2015 STEM ABC Students
Looking for a head start in college?
We are excited to see you on campus this fall as you start your academic career with the College of Agriculture. To help you get the most out of your first year at Purdue University, you are invited to participate in a special five-week program this summer to make the transition from high school to college as smooth as possible.
You’ve been told that college will provide different academic challenges than high school did, even for those students who have performed well. The Academic Boot Camp (ABC) has been designed to assist you successfully navigate these differences.
When you attend, you will:
- Be introduced to college-level coursework and the necessary self-discipline to complete it
- Be provided academic tools to succeed in the colleges of Agriculture, Technology, Science, and Engineering
- Become acclimated to campus
- Establish a beneficial network of students and professors
OPENS MAR 31, 2016
CLASS V - 2016
Boot Camp Date
July 10 - August 12, 2016
- Register Online - If you are admitted to the program you will be contacted by the OMP office in the College of Agriculture and directed to Purdue conferences for payment.
- Registration to the program is limited.
- Final Deadline is June 10th, 2016.
Participants may check in on Sunday, July 10, 2016 between 1:30 and 3pm in Earhart Residence Hall lobby.
Please allow ample travel time as the program will begin promptly at 3pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Thanks to the college of agriculture donors, industry and government sponsors, there is a minimal cost for the program.
- If you register by May 20th with a College of Agriculture concentration, cost is $500
- If you register after May 20th with a College of Agriculture concentration, cost is $1000
- In addition, you may need to purchase textbooks and supplies for class.
Students with a strong desire to attend the program, but who lack financial means, should contact Myron McClure, Assistant Director of the Office of Multiculture Programs in Agriculture, at 765-494-9586 or email: email@example.com. Additional Scholarships may be available.
During your five week attendance in the program, you will take classes in the subjects of (but not limited to):
In addition, since college isn’t all work, you will engage in various recreational opportunities throughout the program.
- Time management
- Agriculture course and lab
For more information on this program, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Office of Multicultural Program at 765-494-9586.
- Water Park
- Ropes Course
- Day in Chicago and Indianapolis
- Cultural Center Activities
- Campus Map