September 30-October 4, 2013
Location: Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
Goal of Workshop: The overall goal of the “Molecular Methods in Food Microbiology Symposium and Workshop Series” is to address and fill in knowledge gaps regarding molecular detection and subtyping of foodborne pathogens and spoilage organisms for industry professionals and graduate students being trained to work in the food industry, along with current and future food safety professionals in regulatory agencies and academia. In order to realize this goal, we have assembled an advisory board to address the challenges the industry faces today with respect to molecular methods.
The organizers of this workshop series are willing to offer instruction of customized versions of these workshops at locations worldwide. Interested parties should contact Kendra Nightingale by email at for more information.
- Martin Wiedmann (Cornell University)
- Kendra Nightingale (Texas Tech University)
- Marie Bugarel (Texas Tech University)
- Guy Loneragan (Texas Tech University)
- Mindy Brashears (Texas Tech University)
- Haley Oliver (Purdue University)