Healthy Homes: Overview
The goals of the Healthy Homes program are to help families learn about the possible dangers in their homes and ways to reduce their risks. The Healthy Homes Partnership is a collaboration of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Resources for each module include:
- PowerPoint presentation (14-18 slides designed for a 45-60 min. program)
- Script of PowerPoint presentation
- Streaming video presentation of the PowerPoint slides
- Teacher's Guide with Program Objectives
- Notes with ideas/suggestions for teaching
- Other resources
- Link to Participant Handout
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Feedback Form
Visit the Healthy Homes website for more information.
This information can be shared with County Health Departments, local day care centrs, local doctor's offices, or other collaborators handling these issues.