21 Questions for Tim Stohlman
1. What is your hometown? Ligonier, IN
Fun Fact: The town used to be called 'Little Jerusalem'
2. Where did you go to high school? West Noble High School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences-Pre Veterinary Medicine
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2019 (3 year graduation!)
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? I wanted to go to no other university. Both of my parents went to Purdue and my sister goes here. I started coming to football games in Drew Brees era and my parents have season tickets to men's basketball. One of the best in the country for Agriculture - huge pull, excited, dream come true when I found out I got in.
6. What are your plans after graduation? Attend vet school, hopefully at Purdue
7. What is your ‘spirit animal?' Dairy Cow
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? Purdue Dairy Club and Circle Pines Co-op
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Getting activated as a member of Circle Pines Co-op
10. What has been your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 23000 - Physiology of Domestic Animals with Dr. Rod Allrich
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? The rivalry between Purdue and IU
12. What is the best thing about College of Ag? It's one of the best in the country - you know you're getting the best education when you come here and you'll learn at a high level. You're getting the best of the best.
13. What is the best thing about Department of Animal Sciences? It's like a big family, even though we're one of the largest departments. The atmosphere brings the large campus into perspective - walk down the hallway and you know most people.
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? Hicks Library
15. What is your favorite place in town? Co-Rec
16. What is the most important thing you’ve learned outside of the classroom? Self-sufficiency and being an adult. This is my first time being on my own and I have to be an adult, be responsible for building my own schedule and making sure I keep myself accountable to get everything done.
17. Where do you hope to study abroad? I would love to study in Australia - I'd love to explore the diversity of animals and wildlife as well as livestock production there.
18. What internships have you had?
19. What is your favorite quote? "If you ain't first, you're last." -Ricky Bobby
- Summer 2017: Vet Assistant at Country Side Animal Clinic in Kimmell, IN - surgeries, customer calls, farm calls, emergency surgeries, handling dogs, herd checks at farms, and learned how to dehorn calves
20. What are your hobbies? Fishing, playing basketball, working in the barn with cattle, dairy judging
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? It's important to allow yourself to transition - don't be discouraged if your grades aren't perfect the first semester - you can allow yourself to learn how to learn and bounce back.