21 Questions for Clint Peacock
1. What is your hometown? Fairmount, IN
(Fun Fact: Fairmount is the hometown of James Dean and cartoonist Jim Davis, creator of the Garfield comic strips)
2. Where did you go to high school? Madison-Grant High School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences - Pre-Veterinary Medicine
4. What is your expected graduation date? May 2018 (1 year early!)
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? It's well-known for Agriculture plus I knew lots of people here and it's close to home.
6. What are your plans after graduation? Hopefully attend Purdue's vet school or graduate school to pursue swine reproduction or nutrition
7. What is your 'spirit animal?' a pig
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? ANSC Ambassadors and Ag Council
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Getting on Ag Council in Fall 2016
10. What has been your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 221 - Principles of Animal Nutrition with Dr. Dale Forsyth
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? ANSC Quadrathlon
12. What is the best thing about the College of Ag? It makes a large university feel like home because it surrounds you with people who think, act, and have similar interests as you.
13. What is the best thing about the Department of Animal Sciences? The overall quality of the faculty, staff, and students who are always there to help you or give you advice whenever you need it.
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? Marriott Hall
15. What is your favorite place in town? Cold Stone Creamery
16. What is the most important thing you've learned outside of the classroom? Aside from academics, take time to relax and hang out with friends
17. Where do you hope to study abroad? Ireland or Great Britain
18. What internships have you had?
- Summer 2017: Anticipates being a Veterinary Assistant at Alexandria Animal Hospital
- Summer 2016: Field Scout for Co-Alliance
- Fall 2015 - Spring 2016: Assisted in research with Dr. Allan Schinckel studying soy allergies in swine at ASREC
19. What is your favorite quote? "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson
20. What are your hobbies? Raising and showing N&P Showpigs, participating in the Senior Board of Indiana Junior Swine Circuit, and being active in Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity, Ag Council, and ANSC Ambassadors
21. What advice would you give to incoming students? From day one, step out of your comfort zone and get involved. If you do, you will see yourself grow and accomplish things you never thought you could.