The 2013 Corn & Soybean Field Guide
The 2013 Purdue Extension Corn & Soybean Field Guide is now available from the Education Store.
Individual copies cost $7 each.
Boxes of 25 copies are $157.50 — a 10 percent discount.
You can order copies of the guide without customized covers now by clicking on the links above or by calling the Education Store toll free: (888) EXT-INFO (398-4636, extension 46794).
We are also taking orders for the second printing of custom covers — see below for details.
A sample of the guide's contents is available here.
Order Custom Covers
Get your customers' and clients attention with customized covers of the Corn & Soybean Field Guide featuring your logos and information.
You can still place an order for our second printing. Please order by Monday, January 28, 2013, if you want your guides to ship in late March 2013. Prices, artwork requirements, and ordering information appear below.
Samples of the 2013 custom covers are available here.
If you have any questions about the guides, please email or phone:
Kevin Leigh Smith
Corey K. Gerber
What's the Cost?
Custom covers do not cost any more than our standard covers, but a minimum order of 100 copies is required. Larger orders receive discounts. The prices for the 2013 edition are:
- · 100-299 guides: $7 each
- · 300-749 guides: $6.30 each (10 percent discount)
- · 750-1,499 guides: $5.95 each (15 percent discount)
- · 1,500-2,499 guides: $5.60 each (20 percent discount)
- · 2,500-3,999 guides: $5.25 each (25 percent discount)
- · 4,000 or more: contact Kevin Leigh Smith or Corey Gerber
Note: Deliveries to Indiana may be subject to Indiana sales tax. These prices are per cover design — groups that order multiple cover designs do not receive a cumulative discount. These prices include basic shipping — orders that need to be shipped to multiple locations may be subject to actual shipping charges.
How Do I Order?
To order your custom guides, please email Kevin Leigh Smith with the following information:
- 1. Your name and organization.
- 2. Number of custom guides you want to order.
- 3. If you want guides for the first or second printing.
- 4. Your email address.
- 5. Your telephone number.
- 6. A shipping address (please provide an actual street address, we won't be able to deliver to post office boxes).
- 7. A billing address (if different).
- 8. A description of what you want on the cover (and please attach any graphics files you want to include — details about graphics files are provided below).
If you belong to a larger organization, pooling all of your orders together can reduce your costs, avoid unnecessary duplication, and ensure you receive guides. Please consult with the appropriate individuals in your organization to consolidate your orders.
What Is the Process?
Once you let us know what you want on the cover, you will receive a rough PDF to make sure the elements are where you want them.
After that, our graphic designer will finalize the design. We create several custom covers at once, so you will receive this final PDF proof some time after the ordering deadline (in early November for the first printing, in early February for the second printing).
After you receive this final proof, you will send us any corrections or changes. We will not print your cover until we receive your final approval.
What Can I Put on the Cover?
A PDF sample of the 2013 template is available here.
The live area on the front cover is 3.25 inches wide x 0.78 inch tall. On the sample, the live area is the white box on the front. The “Compliments of” line will appear on all covers. The “safe” zone on the front cover is 2.9 inches wide by 0.7 inch tall.
The live area on the back cover is 3.25 inches wide x 4.5 inches tall. On the sample, this space is all of the back cover except the Purdue Extension branding and EEO statement on the bottom of the page. The “safe” zone on the back cover is 3 inches wide by 4.3 inches tall. The back covers have a 0.25 inch bleed on the left side and top.
What Artwork Do I Need?
Please submit your logos and other artwork in vector format (EPS or AI) whenever possible. Other formats (TIF and JPG) are acceptable, but please send high-resolution images (at least 300 dpi at actual print size). Graphic files that have a lower resolution may look good on your computer screen, but will print poorly.
What Else Can I Put on the Cover?
- 1. Colors — in the live area on the back cover you can specify any background color you like. For example, you can send us a specific PMS color, or we can match the background to one in your logo. If you do not specify a color, we will use white.
- 2. Photos — because we print these covers using a four-color process, you can also use photos or any other art as long as they are of publication quality and fit in the live space.
- 3. Text and other information — we can include any other information you want on the front or back covers (phone numbers, email addresses, website URLs, taglines, and so on). If you have a particular font you would like to use, please specify the font and send a sample of the text. The only limitation, of course, is space.
Shipping and Billing
It is possible to ship your guides to more than one location. For details, please contact Kevin Smith — email@example.com or (765) 494-9558. Multiple shipping locations may be subject to shipping charges.
We also can issue separate billing statements, but Purdue University rules require each billing statement be for 100 copies or more.
Typically, Purdue issues invoices in January or February for the first printing and April or May for the second printing.
If you have any other questions about the guides or custom covers, please contact:
Kevin Leigh Smith
Corey K. Gerber