Mission and Vision
The Agronomy Department at Purdue University provides progressive and relevant undergraduate, graduate and extension education programs; conducts high impact fundamental and applied research at multiple scales to ensure that our science addresses immediate problems and anticipates future challenges; actively engages partners in the public and private sectors; and contributes to the development of the national and international agenda for research and education.
The Agronomy Department at Purdue University strives to provide global leadership in the crop, soil, and environmental sciences, and seeks to enhance the quality of life through agronomic education that results from discovery, education, and engagement.
Core Values of the Department of Agronomy
As the Department of Agronomy at Purdue University, we value:
- excellence and creativity in our teaching, research, and outreach activities
- interdisciplinary approaches to addressing our mission
- unrestricted access to our programs
- understanding and solving the needs of our diverse clientele
- collegiality in our relationships with each other and with our clientele
- having a positive presence among our constituency regionally and nationally
- the success of our students, staff and clientele