We are a growing meat processing facility in Northeast Ohio, producing various products and shipping throughout the US and overseas. We are searching for a motivated Quality Assurance Technician with a strong understanding of the meat industry. The QC Tech will report to the corporate Quality Assurance Manager and is responsible daily verification monitoring of our programs. This position is involved in all aspects of maintaining and improving the food safety/quality programs and ensuring we produce the safest and highest quality product available. This is a perfect position for someone to help develop/implement programs and be a part of a process where their contribution matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement, update and Monitor Quality/ Food Safety programs
• Collect Daily/Weekly Microbiological Samples
• Train all facility personnel on policies/procedures relating to HACCP, SSOP, GMP, and SOP’s
• Maintain a high level of employee engagement in Quality / Food Safety.
• Interaction with USDA and FDA
• Ability to work in Hot/Cold Environments
• HACCP Certified is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of SSOP, GMP, and USDA requirements
• Written / Verbal communication skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Programs
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Bilingual is preferred but not required.