Developmental Sales Representative-Full Time Job
Location: , US
Position Title: Developmental Sales Representative-Full Time
Job ID: 4266
- To support, stretch, develop and deliver a pipeline of diverse commercial talent for Syngenta.
- To promote effective product and technical expertise through an integrated and accelerated talent development program.
- Develop proficiency in proper product use recommendations and expectations; to include product features and benefits, pest identification, scouting, application timing, grower/reseller meetings and sale confirmation.
- Partner with a local mentor to accomplish learning objectives effectively and provide value added services to targeted accounts.
- Develop a network of colleagues from across the organization to enable effective relationships and collaboration.
- Assist assigned Commercial Unit with financial and market share objectives.
- Act as steward of product portfolio by making product use recommendations and by managing complaints in the field as needed.
- Develop a profound understanding of customer needs via solution selling within an assigned geography.
- Develop relationships with targeted growers and resellers through pro-active outbound marketing programs.
- Work with colleagues to develop effective ways of working that enable the Sales Team.
- Actively support the Sales Team with the communication of the Syngenta Strategy.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Syngenta organizational structure, roles, functions and core values.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Competitive analysis and interpretation
- Agricultural terminology and nomenclature
- Agronomic knowledge relevant to the assigned geography
- Minimum education requirement: BA/BS, preferably in Ag Science
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Customer Focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen – candidate must know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortunate; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and Trust – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Effective Teamwork: Initiates and participates in teams when needed; contributes to team morale and spirit; shares in the wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; encourages people to be responsible for their work.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Negotiation: Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Computing: Basic operation of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to perform job function.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Supporting development of sales plans and strategies.
- Implementing sales plans and strategies with excellence.
- Travel Requirements – 75%.
- Ability to work on virtual teams.
- Upon successful completion of the program, the selected candidate must be willing to relocate anywhere within the continental United States