District Sales Manager-North Central Indiana-00O2E
Improving agriculture and improving lives, when we look at the challenges of feeding, fueling and clothing a growing planet, we don’t see one answer. We see hundreds of possibilities.
Working here, you’ll find a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things.
We have always embraced innovation and a focus on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment, where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. This is a place where you’ll be respected, contribute to the bottom line and help farmers feed the world.
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated sales professional to join Monsanto as a District Sales Manager for Specialty Hybrids located in the North Central Indiana territory. This position covers St. Joseph and Marshal counties. You'll achieve success as a District Sales Manager by meeting business goals and working closely with your seed dealers to achieve long-term growth within your district. Through our commitment to great products and your commitment to the local community, we'll give you the opportunity to contribute to corn and soybean sales growth for the company.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Develop area tactics to implement sales programs, strategies, and policies in line with company goals for profitable growth. Perform direct sales activities, as well as provide leadership, vision and management to seed dealers
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities through direct sales
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects
- Direct selling effectiveness through the pursuit of sales leads, set sales targets; visiting existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer inquiries; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
- Repeatedly visit and check in with growers and their farms
- Engage and become involved in the local community
- Provide proactive after-the-sale customer service that increases grower customer loyalty
- Understand each field the farmer has and be able to identify solutions or products for each one
- Spend time with farmer using foundational understanding of agronomy to better position products and position self as a credible advisor
- Leverage knowledge of and ability to leverage local area knowledge and practices to assist farmers
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Agriculture, Agronomy, Business, or related field required. Will consider other degrees with related sales experience
- Minimum of 2 years of professional sales/account management experience or 1+ years of sales experience working in the agriculture industry
- Experience effectively demonstrating self motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Working understanding of soil types, plant disease, insect types and chemistries relevant to the local area
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds (a bag of seed)
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical
US Row Crops_51014079