Title – Used Ag Sales Territory Manager
Company – Koenig Equipment Inc.
Koenig Equipment Inc. currently has a position open for a Used Ag Sales Territory Representative. This position requires up to 75% travel and covers the territory of Gas City, Huntington, Logansport and Rossville, Indiana. Below is a job description for the position.
Position Overview – Major Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain mutual business relationships with assigned agricultural producers in designated geography consistent with their needs/wants and dealership margin potential.
- Develop and maintain mutual business relationships with wholesale resellers of pre-owned equipment consistent with dealership turn, washout and cash flow objectives.
- Identify and qualify potential buyers of pre-owned equipment to facilitate the pre-sale of equipment being considered for trade by other Equipment Specialists.
- Regularly and consistently call on all “key” and “assigned” accounts and maintain their profiles completely and accurately. Work to grow number and potential of assigned accounts not to exceed specialist’s ability to effectively serve those accounts.
- Offer pre-owned and complimentary new equipment solutions including appropriate financing at pricing which covers base compensation and provides Koenig Equipment with a fair margin (over a normal business cycle).
- Thoroughly evaluate and accurately price all machines offered on trade. Assume personal and primary responsibility for the profitable resale of those machines.
- Accept primary responsibility for pre-owned equipment market penetration in geography assigned by the dealership.
- Coach fellow Equipment Specialists on the intricacies of selling used equipment (versus new).
- Assist in annual budget planning and goals planning and implementation geared towards KEI metrics.
- Attend learning sessions at dealership and external locations as required.
- Work with Product Support to plan and hold clinics and other events.
- Assist in the planning, budgeting and expense control of the department.
- Work with Lot Coordinator and assist with lot display and merchandising.
- Accept primary responsibility for online and out-of-area used equipment inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Used Equipment VSO, Complete Goods Manager or CMO.
- Strong customer relation and inter-personal skills, ability to communicate effectively and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective understanding of farm production, practices and specific knowledge of equipment, application and operation.
- A good working knowledge of sales techniques and methodologies.
- Commitment to maintain standards and address issues in a timely, professional manner.
- A good understanding of financial reporting principles relative to complete goods (new and used) operations.
- Strong time management skills.