Analyst Agriculture Investment Analyst Program
Job Title: Analyst Agriculture Investment Analyst Program
Job ID: 74067
This position is part of the 4 year Investments Analyst Program
This position will provide an excellent introduction to the various aspects of an insurance company’s agricultural investments department. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to develop research capabilities in the institutional agricultural lending and investment management fields, while significantly enhancing personal credentials and building relationships with professionals across Agricultural Investments and other business units within MetLife Investments.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Analysis of agricultural mortgage portfolio to ensure portfolio management objectives to mitigate risks and maximize returns are met.
- Periodic monitoring of portfolio exposure tied to risk management objectives.
- Assist in process of updating market benchmarks and internal portfolio guidelines.
- Produce specific market research reports to support underwriting of agricultural mortgage loans.
- Support development of market views via data collection and market analysis by key sectors of interest, ranging from production agriculture to agribusiness and the timberland investment space.
- Assist in special projects in conjunction with Field Operations and the Agricultural Portfolio Unit.
- Provide critical assistance involving third party requests, including business information for insurance and Federal regulators, Rating Agencies and senior MetLife management.
- Update periodic market research reports produced for the field and management.
- Develop/maintain relationships with expanded list of data vendors/agencies used in Agricultural Investments.
- Undergraduate degree in the agricultural economics or agricultural finance fields, with an intended graduation date no later than December 2013.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Candidate should have excellent analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced work environment
- Experience in production agriculture preferred.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.