NSF International is an independent organization that certifies products and writes standards for food, water and consumer
goods to minimize adverse health effects and protect the environment (www.nsf.org). Founded in 1944, NSF is committed
to protecting public health and safety worldwide. NSF is a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Food and
Water Safety and Indoor Environment.
Do you have experience in fruit and vegetable production and handling?
Are you interested in a career as an approved food safety auditor?
If you have answered yes to both of these questions, then we are interested in speaking with you!
NSF is the leading global provider of pre-farm gate third-party audits. We are currently recruiting Independent Contract
and Full-time Food Safety Auditors to provide audit services to NSF Agriculture’s US client base.
As a home-based traveling position, you will be responsible for evaluating assigned fresh produce suppliers’ compliance
with relevant standards.
• Experience working in a fruit and vegetable production environment in a technical, professional, or supervisory
• Preferred auditing experience in Retailer food safety farm audits, GLOBALG.A.P. Option 1 or 2, PrimusGFS,
group audits for organic producers, SQF or BRC Food or others.
• Preferred completion of a Lead Auditor training course based on ISO 19011 principles
• Preferred plant protection, fertilizer, and IPM training
• Preferred food hygiene training
• Preferred training in HACCP principles
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to crop production, agronomy, agriculture, or horticulture.
• Ability to travel extensively domestically or internationally
• Must have a valid passport and driver’s license.
• Required frequent overnight travel.
• Required to stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Required to work outdoors and in cold room environments.
• Required to operate a motor vehicle.
• Extensive use of computers and other electronic equipment.
• Moderate to heavy physical effort required (ability to carry equipment weighing 25 lbs or more).
• Ability to follow client and regulatory required safety practices.
• Majority of work takes place at client locations within the produce food safety industry.
• Majority of time is spent working independently from a remote location.
If you are interested, please apply directly through NSF Careers website at https://careers.nsf.org