AG/COMMERCIAL LOAN OFFICER
Department: Agricultural/Commercial Lending
Reports to: Vice President of Ag Lending and Vice President of Commercial Lending
Summary: To assist customers with their Agriculture and Commercial lending needs;
Analyze loan requests, make credit decisions based on lending policy, and strong in sales relationships.
Responsible for developing new loan business in addition to servicing existing, agriculture and commercial customers. Establishes business relationships with agriculture producers, businesses, and professionals within the community and cultivates these relationships to expand lending opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview customers loan applicants to develop information concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition
- Analyzes current financial position of customer to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Provides credit analyst with narrative information on borrowers and their loan requests, collateral worksheets and any other relevant information needed to complete a loan package and present it to the Vice President of Ag Lending.
- Performs on-site commercial/farm visits.
- Reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Keeps informed of current trends in commercial and agricultural lending.
- Follows current loans to ensure compliance with terms.
- Participates in sales development activities to grow the Bank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes the Bank at various community events/meetings, maintaining good public relations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Two or Four year college degree.
- Sales experience or schooling
- Extremely detail-oriented and self motivated
- Ability to communicate (both oral and written)
- A level of trust and diplomacy