(Assignment to a Business Unit Credit
Manager to complete a training program
to allow the Trainee to gain a broad
overview of the credit function and
to carry out specific job duties)
** If interested contact
Helena Credit Manager
W. Des Moines, IA
Credit Manager Trainee
1. Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university in Agriculture Economics or Business, Finance, or Accounting with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
2. Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks.
5. Excellent decision-making skills.
6. Excellent analytical skills.
7. Located in Des Moines but willingness to relocate.
8. Ability to travel by airplane and car for extended periods of time.
1. Coordinates completion of professional designation programs according to schedule approved by Director of Credit or Business Unit Credit Manager.
2. Performs review of Dun and Bradstreet reports Learns and conducts company credit and collection activities which promote favorable customer relationships and attain profitable sales.
3. Learns and/or conducts order processing procedures, credit checks, scheduling of customer orders, handling returned goods and developing credit for returns
4. Learns how to establish credit limits, obtain greater participation in financially marginal credit risk accounts, how to improve receivables turnover without being overly restrictive to the credit needs of customers and how to increase sales volume with marginal accounts while still providing adequate protection to the company’s investment
5. Must attend the NACM Credit Congress with a minimum of 5 sessions, attend local NACM meetings, attend sales meetings, and complete Oracle training class(es); must obtain CBA designation within the first 12 months of employment in order to continue in the trainee program. In the second year of the program, CBF designation with Advanced Statement Analysis must be obtained. In the third year of the program, CCE designation must be obtained.