Interested candidates – please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Kirk Swensen email@example.com with “Sales Position” in the subject line. Position location is flexible within the State of Indiana
Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Salary - Exempt
General Purpose: To sell new products manufactured by Eby as well as those of other manufacturers represented by M.H. Eby, Inc. To sell used equipment as desired by M.H. Eby, Inc.
Detailed Work Activities:
· Sell products
· Answer customer or public inquiries; provide customer service
· Appraise, evaluate and/or inventory equipment for resale and trade in purposes
· Access media advertising services; marketing
· Arrange and estimate delivery schedules
· Conduct sales presentations, both one on one and small group
- Identify best product for customer’s needs; obtain information from customer; develop accurate custom orders
· Understand technical operation of product; Instruct customers in product use
· Maintain records, reports or files
· Prepare list of prospective customers; solicit orders from established or new customers
· Computer literacy; knowledge of industry terms and/or concepts
· Use interpersonal communication techniques; written communication techniques
· Use knowledge of sales orders, work orders, quotes, spec sheets; referrals for dealers
· Use sales techniques; telephone communication techniques
· Attend weekly schedule meetings, Attend trade shows
· Assist in customer requested rentals.
· CDL would be beneficial
- Effectively comply with all company safety standards,
- Appraises equipment.
- Assist in completion of administrative paperwork, i.e. Tags, “Blue Sheet”.
- Assist in customer requested rental; arrange for rental, assist with paperwork.
- Recommend solutions to product related problems.
- Attend sales meetings, reads related publications to obtain current market condition information, business trends and industry developments.
- Prepares and submit order specifications to internal Production Planning.
- Consults with customer to provide resolutions to Production Planning relative to orders. Consults with Production Planning to determine delivery schedule.
- Contacts current and potential customers, evaluate needs and promotes sale of product.
- Demonstrates and explains use of equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products. This includes marketing, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Proficient in mathematics and accurate measuring.
- Must be very detail oriented and accurate.
Education and Experience:
Must have a high school diploma. College degree in agriculture related field is preferred. Prior sales experience is preferred.
Ability to read and communicate in English; in order to read and interpret documents such as sales orders, work orders, quotes, spec sheets, engineering prints and referrals for dealers. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Accurate measuring, ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
There is little physical demand in this job. On occasion, sales representative will have to make minor adjustments to a product during customer pick up. Lifting anything over 60 pounds requires the additional assistance of a co-worker or a piece of equipment (i.e. forklift, crane).
Typical office environment. Regular to busy office traffic and office noises.
This sales position must be a self starter – able to work independently – has discretionary authority within established boundaries and does not supervise others.