Reports To: Asset Manager – Midwest
Position Summary: This position will oversee the GIS precision farming software and hardware package for Cottonwood Ag Management. This includes collecting and inputting data and analyzing information on a farm by farm basis. The specialist will assist the property managers in analyzing performance data and providing feedback and recommendations regarding crop inputs.
· Communicate with tenants, fertilizer suppliers and soil labs in order to collect data.
· Input data into GIS system.
· Exchange files electronically with input suppliers
· Periodic travel throughout the Midwest region to collect electronic data.
· Input historical yields and crop input data.
· Analyze performance data on a farm by farm basis, including financial interpretations.
· Generate reports from the GIS system and provide crop input recommendations.
· Coordinate with property managers on their respective farms on yield goals and performance recommendations.
· Complete other tasks as necessary.
· Conduct field trials in cooperation with property managers.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Must have experience with GIS software such as ArcView, SSTool Box, Apex, Farm Works
· Agronomy and crop/production experience is a plus.
· 4 year college degree required, preferably in Ag Mechanization or Agronomy.
· Capable with MS Office, including Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction, as well as collaborate within a team structure.
· Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
· Strong verbal skills, phone etiquette, and presentations to groups.
· Ability to represent the company and owners in a highly professional manner.
· Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various agronomic problems and prioritize work.
· Work requires continual attention to detail in analyzing and making farm recommendations.
· Some travel may be required.