Farm Credit Services has an opening for a Financial Services Officer in their Lafayette office – please see the description below and follow the link to apply!
The Financial Services Officer position is a competitive, goal-oriented sales and relationship management role that delivers constructive credit and high quality service at the best possible value to farmers and rural residents.
The Financial Services Officer’s (FSO) primary responsibilities center around building relationships with customers in the ag production market segment. The FSO will use his or her knowledge of agriculture and finance to fully understand the customer’s or prospect’s business and personal plans and then market the FCS financial services that best meet the needs. After initially screening for soundness, the FSO submits the information to an analyst, underwriter or scoring system for final decision. The FSO leads the customer relationship and often coordinates with others to serve the customer’s loan, lease, crop insurance and servicing needs.
In addition, an FSO must be committed to learning processes and the essential financial foundation Farm Credit Services provides through our extensive, hands-on training. The training program is focused on combining these core business skills with our Mission, Vision, and Values in daily business. Training length will be determined by experience ranging from 9-18 months.
1. SALES and RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The FSO will develop and maintain a significant professional presence throughout the assigned territory. He or she will spend most of the time out of the office to build professional relationships with customers, prospective customers and influencers based on mutual trust and respect. The objective is to understand customer goals, credit strengths and weaknesses, and deliver “value added”/constructive agricultural and financial information that will assist them in their farming businesses.
The FSO is accountable to determine and define the appropriate customer interaction and coordinate the appropriate staff that may directly or indirectly be a part of the relationship to serve the customer’s loan, lease, crop insurance and servicing needs. The FSO also ensures appropriate communication to the customer and to internal team members regarding the customer.
2. DELIVER SOUND CREDIT: As part of the ongoing consultative relationship with our customers, the FSO will interpret and evaluate financial information and risk management plans, and ask appropriate follow-up and probing questions to determine the appropriate product or service. The FSO will effectively recommend loan terms, conditions, and collateral position consistent with the request and associated loan risks, and then set clear expectations with the customer.
3. SERVICE PORTFOLIO: To minimize association risk and losses, the FSO will monitor the portfolio to timely identify and service loans that expose the association to risk. Using his/her knowledge of servicing options, the FSO will effectively negotiate and communicate these options to the customer.
4. Represent and Communicate the mission and values of FCS and abide by its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
- Base salary is based on professional qualifications, experience, and performance.
- Once FSOs have completed training, FSOs can earn an uncapped incentive. Incentives are determined by an individual’s achievements above their goals.
- Benefits Package valued at 35% of base salary – Go to: http://www.farmcreditfoundations.com/Mid-AmericaBenefits/ for details on benefits.
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field and one to three years experience in sales of financial services or credit analysis. Extensive knowledge of agricultural industry (personal, professional or educational) is required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.