Origination Merchant-IND00108 Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Dedicated to helping farmers prosper, Cargill AgHorizons U.S. helps customers manage their risk and maximize production through grain marketing alternatives, crop insurance, agronomic advice and crop inputs. Part of Cargill's global agricultural supply chain group, Cargill AgHorizons serves customers with a 1,500-member team at more than 100 grain elevators and service centers across the United States.
The Origination Merchant will be based in Lafayette and support a territory within the Tipton area. They will generate revenue by proactively buying grain from and selling solutions to farmers within the region. The Merchant will assist in the management and execution of regional scalp and FOB truck programs.
Grain origination and solution sales from and to Cargill customers. Grain origination from transactional and non-targeted customers (farmers and dealers) seasonal accounts and swing/opportunity accounts.
1) Buy grain for the Cargill locations (dealers, non-targeted and targeted transactional farmers)
2) Generate revenue by selling Cargill Solutions
3) Market grain into end users within the FSG outlined territory (feedlots, processors, ethanol plants, etc.)
4) Assist in and execute scalp programs within specified territories
Consistently apply policies, procedures and systems to include:
1) Contract management/Grain Buying Policy
2) Support/Help Manage On-Farm Pick-Up Program
3) Cargill margin management policies
- 1 or more years of Business to Business sales experience
- Proven Communication skills (written, oral, listening)
- Proven ability to professionally manage customer relationships
- Proven ability for self motivation without supervision
- Proven high sales achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and functions, inside and outside of Cargill AgHorizons
- Ability to learn and understand grain futures, future spreads and basis relationships
- PC Skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Four year college degree
- Knowledge of production agriculture a plus but not required
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.