Candidates may apply for this position by going to North Central’s website www.ncc.coop and apply for the position.
SENIOR MANAGER OF AGRONOMY
Location: Wabash, IN
Job Title: Senior Manager of Agronomy
Job ID: #6395
Reports to: President / CEO
Summary: The Senior Manager of Agronomy is responsible for the leadership and management of the Agronomy Division of North Central Cooperative (NCC) by effectively executing a business plan that achieves NCC’s mission and goals, with expected outcomes of outstanding customer service, asset stewardship and financial strength. The Senior Manager of Agronomy will provide operational support and leadership to all NCC Agronomy locations for maximized efficiencies in the delivery of goods and services while ensuring that the quality of those goods and services provides profitably at each Agronomy location. The Senior Manager of Agronomy will also provide administrative support and direction in the areas of compliance, regulations, corporate policies, and procedures within the Agronomy Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Supports NCC’s stated Vision, Mission, Business and foundational values.
· Exhibits a positive attitude and work ethic to customers and employees at all times.
· Sets expectations for the Agronomy division in providing exemplary customer service, financial performance, and asset utilization.
· Assist in the development of short and long term strategic plans, as well as developing policies, programs and expectations for the agronomy division. Assist in the Annual Budgeting process with the designated managers, the CFO and CEO. Analyze monthly financial statements for operational deficiencies and execute corrective strategies
· Identify, develop and execute procedures to strengthen operations at all agronomy locations to ensure that goods and services conform to established customer and company quality standards as well financial performance criteria.
· Responsible for the goods and services margin matrix within the Agronomy Division.
· Achieve optimum staffing levels based on criteria established by operational, fiscal and peer group standards.
· Formulate, recommend and execute programs that propel NCC toward improving its competitive position and the profitability of the company.
· Direct and monitor Agronomy Area Managers in accomplishing stated goals consistent with established service, safety and financial standards. Administers communications in regard to decisions, policies and all matters that affecting performance, attitudes and results to all agronomy personnel.
· Hire, train, develop and evaluate designated Managers. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations.
· Ensures Agronomy division location Managers and supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in a fair and equitable manner.
· Direct and coordinate various programs essential to operations (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.)
· Develop and coordinate major projects and initiatives for the Agronomy division (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
· Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships, including employees, managers and peer level management.
· Actively seek information and technology that induces innovation and motivation within the agronomy division and company
· Accept any additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the President / CEO.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job will directly supervise Agronomy Area Managers, and the Agronomy Service Center Manager.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License
Other Skills and Abilities: Voluntary training in providing First Aid and CPR
Leadership and Managerial
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions with varying degrees of temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I acknowledge by signing below that the essential duties and responsibilities outlined in my job description above are accurate, that I can perform the essential duties and responsibilities of my job description, and I understand that my annual performance appraisal results are contingent on how well I execute the essential duties and responsibilities listed in my job description.
Employee’s signature Supervisor’s signature