Compass Ag Services LLC
“Our Services Will Help Guide Your Success”
Location: Primarily Johnson County, IN
Job Title: Agronomy Technician Summer 2014 Intern
Reports To: Travis Coleman, Customer Relations Manager
Individual will assist salespersons and managers in the administration of crop management and protection programs, the development of customer relationships, and special projects or assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors assigned customer(s) crops on a daily basis for crop condition and pests
- Will utilize GPS equipment and software in indentifying and recording field pest locations, and crop management information.
- Interact directly with customers to explain the crop diagnosis and solutions in a manner that is clear and accurate to the customer
- Conducts pre-application inspections of customer’s fields and crops for recommendations regarding pesticide and fungicide applications
- Assist in seed sales and marketing programs, which will include the different demonstration plots planned for 2014
- Attends recommended crop diagnostic workshops
- Respond to assigned customer’s requests and complaints on behalf of company
- Full-time student majoring or minoring in an agricultural course of study
- Valid Driver’s License
- Capable of performing the essential functions and duties outlined in the job description
- Meets work eligibility requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, drive, and must occasionally lift and or move up to 60 lbs. Employee will sometimes be exposed to outside weather conditions that may include heat and rain.
If you have any questions, please call 317-450-1756