The State fair Intern will be primarily working out of the Crawfordsville Store at 33 E. 700 S. Ladoga, IN 47954. This is a paid internship, with 40 hours a week 8:00-5:00pm. This employee will be preparing and organizing everything for the Bane-Welker display at the 2014 Indiana State Fair. They will work closely with our parts inventory & purchasing manager and marketing manager. Key areas of focus are inventory management, marketing, retail, merchandising, and event planning, Upon acceptance the 2014 State Fair intern may be given the opportunity to attend/assist with other Bane-Welker events
- Analyzing historical sales data to forecast the 2014 total sales and profit
- Design and implement a loss prevention strategy
- Assess issues from the 2013 State Fair and recommend solutions
- Identifying popular items/suggesting items to retail
- Suggest and purchase promo (give away) items
- Order all products and supplies for our booth
- Track purchases- vendors, products, quantities, cost, etc.
- May be asked to assess and recommend retail prices on products.
- Entering part numbers, pricing into the business system
- Tagging, organizing all purchased products to sell
- Create marketing signs, strategies for selling products at the State Fair
o Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, In-store media, print, web, radio etc.
- Develop customer interactions/contests to take place before and during the State Fair
- Develop a merchandising strategy
- Make sure the toy trailer, shelves and tent are stocked with products and supplies.
- Could be required to count money and or bring back to Admin building
- Help setup and take down products, shelves, banners, etc…
- Perform a daily check of all equipment, and merchandise at the fair
- Help separate and distribute extra products to all Bane-Welker stores after the fair is over (schedule permitting).
- Lifting boxes, fans, shelves, etc… 30 plus lbs.
- Knowledgeable in Excel
- Interest/Experience in agriculture, marketing, event planning and data management.