Students – below are two internship opportunities for you to consider at the Indiana State Fair.
Title: Entry Department Data Entry Clerk/Mailer
Working Dates: June through August, start and finish dates are negotiable.
General Description: The position of Data Entry Clerk reports to the Entry Department Manager. This position is responsible for performing data entry and general office tasks related to the Entry Department.
- Processing of Fair entries.
- Proofing of Fair entries.
- Copying and filing entry forms.
- Coordinating mailings of all receipts, tickets and parking passes to exhibitors.
- Opening and coding incoming mail.
- Checking off award orders as they arrive.
- Assisting with exhibitor mailings.
- Entering and checking judging results.
- Correcting livestock programs.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Entry Department Manager.
Qualifications: The incumbent must be 18 years of age or older, have good keyboarding skills and be able to work extended hours including Saturday and Sunday when needed. Regular work hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Title: Entry Office Accounting Intern
Internship Dates: May through August, start and finish dates are negotiable
General Description: The position of Entry Office Accounting Intern reports to the Entry Department Manager. This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Entry Department in the daily reconciliation of Entry Office accounts. This will include interaction with Indiana State Fair Commission Accounting Department staff.
- Provide daily account reconciliation of entry fees and entries processed.
- Assist in the daily printing of entry fee receipts.
- Prepare reports of collections for transmittal of funds to the Accounting Department.
- Perform special accounting needs for the annual State Fair.
- Prepare various statistical charts and reports relating to the Fair.
- Assist in data entry requirements in the Entry Office.
- Assist in the preparation of non-sufficient funds check reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Entry Department Manager.