Interested student – please send me your resume by Friday – January 11th(email@example.com).
Remington Seeds Summer Seed Production Intern
This is a summer temporary position that will be involved predominately in seed field activities. Individuals in this position will receive training as needed. As a part of the overall training programs, candidates may also be exposed to various aspects of plant-based activities.
Remington Seeds is a production service company involved in the production, packaging and distribution of hybrid seed corn and soybean seed throughout the Midwest. Current production facilities are located in IA, IL, IN, OH, NE, MN, ND, and MI.
Agronomy, Ag Business, and other Agriculture-related degrees will be considered. Interested candidates need to be energetic, hands-on, possess excellent communication and personal organization skills.
- To learn various aspects of hybrid corn seed production
- To assist in improving location performance
- To develop leadership skills
- To ensure that the highest quality product is produced
Reports to: Location Manager and Field Production Manager
Summary of Activities
- Assist with seed planting procedures (depending on employment start date)
- Assist with GPS field measuring activities
- Scout seed fields for weeds, disease, and insect pests
- Ensure proper removal of rogues from seed fields
- Ensure proper detasseling crew performance
- Complete silk and pollen counts during pollination period
- Assist with Work Protection notification processes
- Involvement in location ISO program
- Involvement in location safety program
- Involvement in overall Quality Control processes
- Assist with other activities as required