Ag Ambassador Callout
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013
Krannert Auditorium (room 140)
WHAT IS AN AG AMBASSADOR?
The Ag Ambassadors are a group of undergraduate students in agriculture who serve as official representatives of the College of Agriculture at public functions hosted by the college, administration and the Agricultural Alumni Association. The Ambassadors are our College’s lead prospective student recruiters.
WHAT TYPES OF ACTIVITIES DO THE AG AMBASSADORS DO?
* Host and speak to alumni
* Host and speak to prospective students and their parents and give campus/college tours
* Host foreign and domestic guests of the college and administration
DO I QUALIFY TO BE AN AG AMBASSADOR?
To qualify for an Ag Ambassador interview, you must:
* Be a full-time student
* Be enrolled in the College of Agriculture
* Have at least 2 semesters remaining (Fall ‘12 and Spring ‘13)
* Have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
HOW LONG DO AG AMBASSADORS SERVE?
* Ag Ambassadors serve a one year term starting in April
* At the end of that term, they will be evaluated on performance
* Ag Ambassadors will be asked to resign if placed on academic probation, fail to participate in events, transfer out of the college of Agriculture, or behave inappropriately
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF AN AG AMBASSADOR?
* Attend bi-weekly meetings held on Wednesday nights from 6:00-7:00 pm
* Participate in Ag Ambassador activities (average 3-4 per month)
NOTE: You do not have to attend the callout to apply. The callout is a question and answer session with current Ag Ambassadors.