Case IH is proud to sponsor the New Century Farmer Conference – a five-day, intensive program, in cooperation with the National FFA Foundation, that helps students advance their careers in production agriculture by developing their entrepreneurial leadership skills, practical knowledge, global perspective and personal growth.
Have you been to the New Century Farmer Conference? What would you tell someone who’s considering applying?
To be eligible for this all-expense-paid educational conference on July 14-20, 2013, in Des Moines, Iowa, candidates must be in or have recently graduated from college and plan to return to the farm.
Applications are due on Friday, March 15, 2013, by 5 p.m. EST. During the conference, attendees will:
· Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and technology
· Explore new farm business opportunities and develop business alliances with other producers
· Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face
· Discuss topics including: farm succession, sustainable ag, new and emerging farm machinery, international trade and ag marketing
· Establish a network with a select group of business professionals excited about pursuing a career in production agriculture
· Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation
· Grow personally and professionally and create a vision statement for your operation